Bi weekly Assignment 2 -Writing a Literature Review
For this assignment you will be creating a Literature Review for your Capstone Project/Paper. Here is what a literature review is supposed to accomplish: Gender in White-Collar Crime
â€œThe basic purpose of the literature review is twofold: first, to provide an introduction to your topic and explain the research that has already been conducted; and second, to help motivate and provide background for the hypotheses and research questions that you will be testing. Donâ€™t go overboard; write concisely and powerfully. You should take no more than one paragraph to summarize any one piece of previous research that you cite in the literature review. Try to keep your review as focused as possible on the central themes of interest.â€
Here are some general guidelines for the literature review:
- You must be sure that you properly cite everything in APA format (parenthetical citations), and avoid plagiarism at all costs. Consult the following website:Â http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/666/01/Â (Links to an external site.)Â for proper formatting and the use of APA.
- It is difficult to specify the length of a good literature review. Just as a guideline, Iâ€™llÂ suggestÂ 6-8 pages. That should be enough to set the tone of your paper. However, some may go longer than 6-8 pages (For this assignment no literature review should be shorter than 6 pages)
- Remember what a literature review is supposed to accomplish: first, you should provide a general introduction to your topic; and second, you should provide whatever background is necessary for the reader to understand why you are posing your hypotheses and research questions. Therefore, you must focus your attention on only those aspects of your topic that are relevant to your research project! Your 6-8 page literature review is not meant to be the end-all definitive source on your topic; it is only meant to set the tone for the really important stuff that comes later in the paper â€“ namely, the original research that you will be conducting. I very strongly encourage you to plan before you write.
- Examine your sources. Decide what the contribution of each source is. Make an outline.Â AfterÂ youâ€™ve taken these steps,Â thenÂ start writing. It is exceptionally important that a literature review be well organized â€“ use headings to delineate the topics you will discuss.
- For examples of literature reviews, consult your sources â€“ virtually all articles in scholarly journals have literature reviews. Again,Â the purpose is only to introduce the reader to your topic and set the stage for your hypotheses and research questions. Therefore, you will only want to include relevant selections that lead directly to your project. Hereâ€™s what one professor writes of literature reviews:
â€œAn author should communicate a reviewâ€™s purpose to the reader by its organizations. TheÂ wrongÂ way to write a review is to list a series of research reports with a summary of the findings of each. This fails to communicate a sense of purpose. It reads as a set of notes strung together. Perhaps the reviewer got sloppy and skipped over the important organizing step in writing the review. TheÂ rightÂ way to write a review is to organize common findings or arguments together. A well-accepted approach is to address the most important ideas first, to logically link statements or findings, and to note discrepancies or weaknesses in the researchâ€ (Neuman, 2004, p. 78).
- Hereâ€™s an example. Letâ€™s say that I was researching college studentsâ€™ attitudes about police use of force. Hereâ€™s how I might organize my literature review:
- Introduce my topic â€“ perhaps with a scenario or something attention grabbing
- What is use of force? I have to define my key concepts before we go on.
- Who cares about this topic? I need to explain why it matters â€“ what are the implications of my research? Who cares what college students think about police use of force?
- Now I would present the results of studies that directly address attitudes towards police use of force. I would not address studies about the prevalence of use of force, or about court cases regarding the use of force, because those are not targeted directly to my topic. As I present the studies, I would briefly note the conclusions and I would discuss, overall, what we know and what we donâ€™t know. I would issue critiques of previous research as necessary and tie together common themes. A (very hypothetical) paragraph might look like this:
â€œPrevious research has found gender differences in perceptions of use of force. A number of studies (Smith, 1999; Jones, 1998; Anderson, 1983) have found that men are more likely to approve of higher levels of police force than women. However, one study found that female criminal justice students supported higher levels of force than male students (Zebulon, 1993). It is important to note that the first three studies noted above were of citizens, while the last study focused only on students. Furthermore, Zebulonâ€™s work studied only one criminal justice department at one university â€“clearly, more research is necessary to understand this issue. The research conducted in this project will help clarify the nature of college studentsâ€™ attitudes towards use of force.
6. The important thing here is to NOT GET OVERWHELMED BY THIS SECTION OF YOUR PAPER. Remember theÂ onlyÂ purpose of the literature review is to define your topic and set the stage for your hypotheses. In all reality, the literature review is one of theÂ least importantÂ parts of your paper â€“ it just is meant to pave the way for your original data collection and analysis (i.e., survey, interviews, etc.).
7. Upload your assignments when you have them completed. I will review drafts that are submitted earlier to provide feedback.
Work Cited: Neuman, W. L. (2004).Â Basics of social research: qualitative and quantitativeÂ approaches. Boston, MA: Allyn and Bacon
You can also consult this resource for guidance:Â http://libguides.usc.edu/writingguide/literaturereviewÂ (Links to an external site.)
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.